JellyPages.com

Tuesday 23 July 2013

Current projects, Traveling with minatures(and PAINTS)

Well its a little later than expected but here is the update promised. First a look at some of the projects I was working on before flying out.




Valkyrie providing air-support and transport for the Mordian 19th. This model is semi-painted and needs some finish work to complete the details, sadly there is another Valkyrie and also a Vendetta awaiting construction/completion.


  This is my current work on an Imperial Bastion. As you can see the roof crenellations and the Icarus Lascannon need to be completed, but again I am pleased with how this project is progressing.

This is a used Baneblade I picked up off Ebay for a phenomenal price just before apocalypse rumours started coming fast and furious. No slight on the original painter, but I need to repaint this beast in Mordian/urban camo scheme. The sheer size makes this particularly difficult work but I am excited by the challenge, and the fact that this will be a centre piece of the 19th.

As I outlined in my previous post, I was traveling with a whole platoon of Mordian 19th requiring painting. I thought I would share some insight with how they handled air travel. on of the cases opened up and a few Minis got mixed in with my socks, solution, either buy a tougher case, or at least tape the latch holding the case shut. The paints... faired less well. The combination of old dry paint in the lids, and a non-pressurized cargo-hold led to catastrophic leakage of some of my more well used paints, Runefang Steel, Kislev Flesh, Ghanna Gold.

 As you can see the plastic bag absorbed most of the damage. I am fortunate that since these are commonly used colours for me, I have duplicates of the spilled colours. Next time I will use a case that allows for upright transport and hopefully limits spills. Next post will detail the project platoon that I will be working on during my downtime. Thanks for looking/reading
-MedicMike

1 comment:

  1. Where do you get the Mordian Iron Guard figures

    ReplyDelete