JellyPages.com

Monday 15 July 2013

Good Help Is Hard To Find

Tonight's post will be short and picture heavy, as I have been working so much lately that I have no time to sleep, let alone paint Mordians and blog. I average, in a typical week, to find the time to paint at least a squad or character mini/piece of terrain, but with work being what it is, I think I have managed to complete maybe 4 Mordian troopers in about 10 days. That, however is new stuff, and we are still looking at some of the original Mordian 19th characters, tonight's post focuses on advisors to the command staff.


 This is my officer of the fleet, I think he has a distinctly Mordian feel about him, but there is enough of a difference to mark him as the ranking imperial navy officer. The coat is the same Regal Blue as the command staff of the 19th. His paint job is in many ways superior to a lot of the Mordians, primarily because 1) he is a character model, I typically take about 5 times as long on a character model as I do a rank and file trooper. 2) he is recent (2-3 years ago). I am not an artist-extraordinaire, but I have improved a lot since some of the early paint jobs featured earlier in the blog. 



The Master of Ordinance has a distinctly Cadian look, but again I think it sets him apart from the other staffers, I may do a Mordian conversion (I know I have at least 1 spare of this particular mini with no paint yet) but for right now he fits in nicely.



The Lord Commissar is one of my personal favorites, he is painted similarly to my other commissars with black fatigues and cap with Regal Blue accents that set them apart from the average troopers, but still tie them in with the regiment. The Lord Commissar has a brilliant gore red cape that sets him apart from the blues used throughout the army.

  The picture isn't very good, and the mini is in desperate need of touch-up and repair, but this former lascannon loader has been retasked as a medic. If I get around to touching him up I will post an updated pic. The model is a loader with a Catachan head swap (the dour looking bandana one) and a little shave and fill on the lascannon power cell to make the medi-kit.

I think that's where I will end it for tonight, the Astropath, Tech-Priest, and Psyker can wait for another night.
As always thanks for looking/reading.
-MedicMike


  

No comments:

Post a Comment